Vaccination, PCR test, quarantine period
Vaccines approved in Japan
Vaccines other than (1) and (2) are not approved in Japan, so they are not recognized and registration is the same as for those entering Japan without vaccination.
- 2. Schedule after entering Japan
(1) In the case of certain countries/regions, such as Russia, it is required to spend a quarantine period in a designated hotel location.
① If you are vaccinated ① Have had three vaccinations
Pass PCR testing at the quarantine station
・ If negative: 7 days waiting at home (you can use public transportation)
(If the PCR test is done at your own expense on the morning of day 3 and it is negative, you can cancel the quarantine and return to your daily life)
If positive: follow the quarantine station’s instructions.
If you are not vaccinated ① did not get your third vaccination
Undergo PCR testing at the quarantine station and wait 3 days at the hotel designated by the quarantine station.
A special free bus has been prepared at the airport, which goes to the quarantine hotel.
・ Do a repeat PCR test on the morning of the 3rd day from the date of arrival
If negative, have lunch and take a bus to Haneda Airport Terminal 3 bus stop.
After that, go home on your own by public transport
- PCR inspection fee, hotel waiting fee (including meals*), special bus fee – free of charge.
- If you are not satisfied with the food at the hotel, you can also order food through UberEATS if you use the contactless payment type. (*I.e. by bank transfer)
- If the test is positive at the quarantine station or test on the third day
Follow the quarantine station’s instructions. It depends on the case, so it is not known how many days you will be detained.
(2) In cases other than the specified countries/regions, requiring waiting at accommodation facilities respected by the quarantine station.
As in the case of (1) and ①, the PCR inspection will monitor you at home.
★ Situation as of March 15th: such as specified country/area, waiting period of 3 days, etc., must be confirmed just before the date of entry.
Vaccination in Japan.
If you have received a vaccine that is not approved in Japan, please notify your healthcare provider
It is up to you to decide whether to vaccinate or not.
If it becomes possible to get vaccinated, then this will be considered as the first vaccination.